When fall rolls around, my family is ready for some football! Here in the Pacific Northwest we get a little, ok a lot, of rain, so anytime you can take a party outside, you better believe that’s what we’re doing! Let’s kick off the season with friends and family, and of course, football! Tailgating is about good food, but food that is easy and travels well. If you have an SUV or a large and open trunk, then you are set for a true tailgate! So, grab your portable grill, ice chests, and my easy appetizers of Roasted Rosemary Cashews, Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, and a Rice Krispie Football Treat and find the nearest game day parking lot!
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. As always, all opinions are my own.
A fun touch for any party is adding fresh flowers..so adding a bouquet to your tailgate set up gives that feminie touch!
For this party, we changed up some of your usual Game Day snacks of peanuts and wings with delicous recipes for Roasted Rosemary Cashews and Buffalo Cauliflower Bites! And what about a fun take on the usual Rice Kirspie treats with this giant football!
Here are a few tips for tailgating:
- Think of it as a “picnic”. Bring food that is simple and easy to transport
- Bring items that can pull “double duty”. A picnic basket can hold food inside, and then once you arrive it becomes a styling tool!
- Don’t forget to add your team spirit with garlands, pennants and flags.
- Make sure you have lots of water and other non-alcohol drinks on hand to stay hydrated.
- Bring anti-bacterial wipes, Kleenex, and extra chairs and blankets.
I’m sharing all the details from this fun Game Day celebration over on the Fun365 website by Oriental Trading. Be sure to check out the full Football Tailgate Party Ideas article!